Monday, August 3, 2009

- Day 8 -

Today marks the beginning of week two.

I went to the doctor on Saturday and was told that I shouldn't see a lot of changes in my blood work unless I continue this for at least six months. However I will definitely feel different as I've cut out a lot of calories and I'm being forced to be conscious of every single food item I eat. I've also cut out all the sugary drinks that I'd normally have three times a week (chrysanthemum tea).

Another response that I've been given by Penny Ormsbee, Registered Holistic Nutritional Consultant said that

I agree that Vitamin C could be an issue, as well as B Vitamins and antioxidants that green veggies provide. I'm not a fan of too much soy and consider soy milk to be yet another refined food. I wouldn't replace it with anything but raw or lightly steamed dark green leafy veggies. Bok Choy is one of the most nutritious foods you can eat. Greens have all the calcium, protein, and nutrients you need. Keep us posted on this challenge. I find it very interesting. Penny Penny Ormsbee, RHN, RNCP/ROHP Registered Holistic Nutritional Consultant, Educator and EAV Practitioner

So this week I am eating as many beans and meat as I can. I've also bought myself a can opener for canned foods which I normally NEVER eat, so this week will be tough to get through eating tinned food with as little cooking as possible.

I did my first shop tonight and I bought myself some canned beans, corn, pork stew stuff (just to try it out), pickled cabbage, shrimp noodles for next week bought at $7!!! So happy about that! I won't be having much fruit throughout this week but i'm keeping my eye out for another bag of apples!



Tomorrow I've got soy bean- fake meat for lunch. no cooking! Also a small tub of oatmeal and corn. Today I was also given three big boxes of egg rolls and almond cookies from Macu given to me as a present by my students who went there for the weekend. . . I love the cigar shaped egg rolls and I can't have them til the end of the 30 days...Here are the photos!



Allowance $365
Spent $72
Left $293



No comments:

Post a Comment