I've dropped 2 kilos so far which works out to be around 4 - 5 pounds. This is not a normal or safe way to drop weight but it's happening. I realize there are ways around the system as a helper to make your food etc etc etc but you won't get the nutrients you need if you don't have the time to prepare everything. My problem has been prep time. I work long hours and I am wrecked by the time I'm home to prepare my next day's lunch. I do it enough even off this challenge but it's nice to have that odd day where I can just pick up a salad on the go. I've also skipped breakfast a few times this week because I've been really tired. I've swam once this week and yoga twice.
I've had breakfast twice this week, both times just 4 tablespoons of oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of corn or cream corn. For lunch I've again, alternated between noodles and oatmeal BUT this week I've had pork stew from a tin (Which i dared not take a photo of) mainly fatty pork soaked with preserved veggies in an oil based sauce. I ate this for two meals. It wasn't the nicest texture but I ate it knowing that I had to make up for what I wasn't getting.
Today is day thirteen and I bought myself the cheapest can of luncheon meat (or spam) that I could find. $8.9. It really bothers me that processed, salt preserved, mystery meat from a can that comes with its own screwy thing (that I don't know how to use) can cost up at $42HKD!!!!! I think I will stick to cheap bbq pork. At least I know what it is and it's fresher.
I've also opened my beans and have been having a scoop or two with my meals. This week I have had a lot of protein, eggs, beans, mystery meats. But I have had NO vegg. other than the canned corn and no fruits. I'm dying for something sweet next week and not just another strawberry finger roll.
Next week I'm challening myself to a sandwhich week. Any ideas for cheap eats that will last a few days in the fridge? I'm halfway there!
I came across this Blogger ALL KINDS OF CANNED MEAT!!!!
Allowance $293
Spent $38
Left $255
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment